with Steve Wasserman, MA (Cantab), MA Integ. Counselling, MBACP
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is an interesting and enjoyable life-skills course combining an ancient (2,600 year-old) training in mindfulness with the latest tools and techniques of neuroscience, psychology and the study of well-being.
In the last two decades, it has proven itself as a cutting-edge, extremely effective intervention in helping people reduce stress, anxiety and depression in their lives, as well as the distress associated with chronic pain. The course can also be taken as a comprehensive and illuminating introduction to the practice of mindfulness.
Scientific studies have shown that the majority of people who complete the MBSR Program feel fundamentally better in the following ways:
- able to cope with the stresses and strains of everyday work and family life – both short and long term
- able to use mindfulness and relaxation skills to support a more focused, peaceful state of mind, even under pressure
- a decrease in physical and psychological symptoms associated with stress and anxiety
- enhanced self-esteem and self-worth
- greater energy and enthusiasm for life, with all its ups and downs
MBSR is an eight-week programme with each class lasting two hours. The classes are very practical, designed to maximise your understanding and experience of mindfulness in a motivating and appealing way. You will receive handouts and practice CDs to listen to and work with between sessions.
Next MBSR course:
Currently there are no MBSR courses planned, please refer to the Introduction to Mindfulness Courses